Sneak Peek at New Die Crack Variety

>>Sneak Peek at New Die Crack Variety
Sneak Peek at New Die Crack Variety 2015-01-22T13:27:00+00:00

Home Forums Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cents Forum Sneak Peek at New Die Crack Variety

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    #6456 |

David Poliquin has some of my new varieties so he can add them to his listings. As I get the time, I will be attributing and adding these new varieties to our listings, too. Here is a sneak peek at a variety David just posted. When I get some high-rez photos, it will be added to our listings and posted on the frontpage.

Here it is -> 1863 CRK-???

Collecting Flying Eagle and Indian Head pennies never made more cents!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Russ Russ.
    DVCollectorDVCollector

Single die cracks don’t interest me, but a shattered die like that is just cool–congrats on that find! 😀
    That die is ready to disintegrate–is a later die state even possible? I wonder how many examples exist?

RussRuss
    Keymaster

Thanks DV! You’d think there would be more examples out there, given how advanced this die state is. David’s die map shows it going roughly 300 degrees around the coin in addition to cracking through the middle. Crazy die cracks are fun to find and collect. In the past, they were suppressed by Rick Snow and left out of listings. Undoubtedly, he must have turned down some really amazing coins in the past – the bisecting die crack in the website logo being one of those coins. I think that people have been collecting CUDs and exotic cracks for a long time – it is just that they have not been attributed. I bet there are some really amazing die failures out there in the IHC series, so lets see what comes up!

A shattered die variety in the Seated Dime series is at the $20k mark! I don’t expect to see values like that on IHCs; however, these exotic cracks should add substantial premium and be among the most rare and desired varieties.

Collecting Flying Eagle and Indian Head pennies never made more cents!

DVCollectorDVCollector

Some series have some really high demand/value die break varieties. I agree–it has a lot to do with people who catalog and promote these varieties. Thanks to the ‘net, now everyone can now publish their finds; we’ll decide for ourselves what’s worth collecting. There’s real potential for new discoveries to supersede whatever is in print–and keep the hobby interesting! 😀

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by DVCollector DVCollector.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.