Die Making in the Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cent Series

>>Die Making in the Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cent Series
Die Making in the Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cent Series 2016-02-25T16:08:50+00:00

Home Forums Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cents Forum Die Making in the Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cent Series

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    #9176 |

I have updated the die-making page with a new article. This article will be published in the near future, but I wanted to share it for the users of my website first.
    https://indianvarieties.com/numismatic-research/die-making/

THANK YOU!

Collecting Flying Eagle and Indian Head pennies never made more cents!

DVCollectorDVCollector

That’s an interesting article–I always enjoy reading more about the galvano/master hub/die making process! I just read this article describing a brass hub reduction for a Gobrecht dollar design. There are a few pictures of the hub too–the best is here.

And how about a photo I took of a German-made Janvier reduction lathe, which is mechanically similar to the diagram. This was in use at the Kongsberg Mint in Norway for many years. The galvano is visible on the right, and you can just barely see the corresponding master hub on the left. I believe the frame above the machine holds galvanos and their brass reductions. Some may be gold-plated to resist tarnishing.

reduction lathe

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by DVCollector DVCollector.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.