1882 MPD-003 2015-03-30T23:07:37+00:00
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    #6896 |

This is probably one of my best pickups in the last couple years–the 1882 MPD-003/S-6. It has 4 “1” digits struck into the necklace, and another digit at the bust truncation. I really scored here…picked up for less than $20. It’s a solid VF and easily worth north of $300. A deep brown and the usual wear–no problems; my camera magnifies the little marks. I can only guess the poor seller’s pics are the reason nobody bid it up.

Here’s an overlay of the boldest 1 “digits” MPDs on my example:

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by DVCollector DVCollector.
    RussRuss
    Keymaster

Right on man, awesome coin! Looking for one myself.

Collecting Flying Eagle and Indian Head pennies never made more cents!

RussRuss
    Keymaster

Hate to bump a post, but NICE! Gives me motivation to keep looking. That one must be very rare.

DVCollectorDVCollector

That one must be very rare.

It’s the second one I’ve spotted on ebay in ~4 years. The first one had a massive bidding war that I opted-out.
    This coin had no bidding war–I got it for the starting price. Perhaps it was the seller’s pics, but I think the MPDs are clear enough. It looks like my pictures–solid VF, no problems. 😀 This also happens to be the third IHC variety I found from this seller–I wonder why nobody looks too closely? Even the minor varieties get bidding wars.

The seller pics are nothing like the real color of the coin.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by DVCollector DVCollector.
    RussRuss
    Keymaster

Wow, yeah the seller’s photo is trash compared with what it would look like in hand. I probably wound’t have even looked at it, given that the photo almost makes it look like there is verdigris. But the coin appears just fine in your photo, like it should.

DVCollectorDVCollector

I definitely shoot coins to “look their best”, but my pics aren’t lying–an even brown, no obvious issues.
    That seller’s camera must be really messed up–it’s why I keep checking his coins for other varieties. 🙂

RussRuss
    Keymaster

Yeah, looks like they used a flash perhaps. I was wondering if this was the same seller… http://www.ebay.com/itm/1882-INDIAN-HEAD-CENT-PENNY-Full-Liberty-/351351448183?

DVCollectorDVCollector

That’s a pretty bad pic too–I have found some of my best varieties w/bad pictures LOL
    I deleted their logo in the above pic–here’s the seller: http://pages.ebay.com/messages/page_not_responding.html?RlogId=t6n%7Cqhqib%3D9un%7F4g66%60%28b1%604%28twwgsvv%28wk%7D%28bad%7F%29%60jk-150d1cb56a9-0x104

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.