Reply To: Appreciation and Question

Reply To: Appreciation and Question 2016-08-28T22:47:41+00:00

Home Forums Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cents Forum Appreciation and Question Reply To: Appreciation and Question

RussRuss
Keymaster

David,

Thanks so much for your post. I’ve been very busy the last few weeks, so I apologize for not seeing your post sooner.

Some of the varieties in the FINDERS and Kevin’s MPD book were misreferenced or listed twice. It doesn’t make it easy that many of the varieties in Rick’s book were miss cross-referenced to Kevin’s book. The Cherry Picker’s guide also has some errors.

The discrepancies you are seeing is what led me to make this website. I started a PhD at the University of Oklahoma this month, so some of the books are still in boxes. Please give me a few days to dig into everything.

I’ve done my best to make sure the website is accurate, but I have caught a few mistakes. The database is huge and it is tough to validate everything. Many of the discrepancies I couldn’t reconcile until I acquired the varieties myself. Currently, I have over 500 different IHC varieties. Many of them are not photographed, but I’m making progress steadily.

Russ

Collecting Flying Eagle and Indian Head pennies never made more cents!