Reply To: Sneak Peek at New Die Crack Variety

Reply To: Sneak Peek at New Die Crack Variety 2015-01-23T10:32:17+00:00

Home Forums Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cents Forum Sneak Peek at New Die Crack Variety Reply To: Sneak Peek at New Die Crack Variety

RussRuss
Keymaster

Thanks DV! You’d think there would be more examples out there, given how advanced this die state is. David’s die map shows it going roughly 300 degrees around the coin in addition to cracking through the middle. Crazy die cracks are fun to find and collect. In the past, they were suppressed by Rick Snow and left out of listings. Undoubtedly, he must have turned down some really amazing coins in the past – the bisecting die crack in the website logo being one of those coins. I think that people have been collecting CUDs and exotic cracks for a long time – it is just that they have not been attributed. I bet there are some really amazing die failures out there in the IHC series, so lets see what comes up!

A shattered die variety in the Seated Dime series is at the $20k mark! I don’t expect to see values like that on IHCs; however, these exotic cracks should add substantial premium and be among the most rare and desired varieties.

Collecting Flying Eagle and Indian Head pennies never made more cents!